Building Relationships for Generations
Barriger Construction Group, Inc. is a second-generation family-owned business. Serving the states of Michigan and Florida, we specialize in construction management, general contracting, and design/build services.
Our humble beginnings started in 1975, when Howard M. Barriger began the family tradition building residential homes in Northern Michigan. Later, he started and operated Barriger Builders, Inc. for more than three decades and completed countless residential and commercial projects in the Great Lakes Bay Region. In recent years, Howard’s sons have joined the family trade in what has now become Barriger Construction Group, Inc. From then until today, our corporate philosophy has remained unchanged: value the client, be honest, and deliver results.
We believe that quality construction, integrity and competitive cost management is a given; a minimum expectation. What separates BCG Construction is our commitment to go further – to go beyond building. We restlessly pursue new ways to simplify the construction process for our clients and subcontractors.
From owners Rod Barriger and Todd Barriger, to our entire team, we have decades of industry experience. Our project managers have years of experience managing multi-million dollar projects and our tradesmen are excellent craftsmen. We will collaborate with your team to provide innovative and sustainable strategies for your next building project.
Why BCG Construction? Because we make building simple.
Barriger Construction Group, Inc. is a Veteran owned and operated, second-generation, family business. Our 40+ years of construction experience combined with our diverse backgrounds allows us to bring a unique perspective to the industry.
A maxim is a concise expression of a fundamental moral rule or principle, whether considered as objective or subjective contingent on one’s philosophy.
A maxim helps to motivate specific actions.
As we prepare for the future, the following Maxims have become clear. These are deeply held principles that will shape our future for generations to come.
These Maxims connect us to our client promise.
Embrace the Experience
We are committed to providing a superior building experience that is unmatched in the construction industry. We consider everything we do through this lens. We embrace a profound sense of responsibility to deliver on this promise and hold ourselves, each other, and our subcontractors accountable.
We build lasting relationships with our clients, vendors, suppliers, subcontractors, and employees. We are friendly, fair, forgiving, and firm. We are loyal and treat others with respect while demanding equal treatment in return.
Be Counted On
We do not sacrifice integrity or character for any purpose. We take promises seriously and hold ourselves accountable for commitments made. We represent the company in a positive manner at all times.
Execute with Discipline
We accept that delivering a quality product, within budget and in a timely manner, is our standard for performance. We will not settle for anything less. We are committed to the process and work deliberately at all times to meet our standards.
- We consider the client in everything we do.
- We seek out ways to simplify the building process for the client.
- We energetically and enthusiastically interact with the client.
- We honor client commitments and communicate a timely manner.
- We treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
- We make ourselves available to our partners, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- We go out of our way to help others when we can.
- We are loyal and we value loyalty.
- We do what we say we are going to do – every time.
- We are accountable for our actions.
- We carefully consider promises made by negotiating deliverables and deadlines to ensure we can deliver on all promises.
- We appreciate that our conduct reflects on the entire company and our colleagues.
- We pledge to work safely and immediately correct observed, unsafe actions.
- We set aggressive, but achievable, deadlines and push ourselves and others to keep the project on schedule.
- We do not sacrifice quality or safety for time or money.
- We follow company policies and processes and actively pursue process improvements.